Friday 22 March 2013

Ah-Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice 阿仔海南鸡饭 (Maxwell Food Centre) 2nd Post

This marks my second visit to Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice 阿仔海南鸡饭 since its inception, my first since it's license was suspended for two weeks. As I have posted about this before, I shall not dive into it again.

As mentioned, Ah Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice had it's license suspended by NEA for two weeks as it had accumulated 12 demerit points in the last 12 months for issues related to keep the premise pest free and preparation of food. (I wonder who rat on them.. I smell a rat. No rewards for guessing who I suspect.) Since the stall has opened for business, with NEA strict guidelines, checks and hygiene levels, I was confident that the food was safe to eat. As the saying goes, 'the safest place is the most dangerous place'. I am quite sure that the food is very clean and safe for consumption! Anyway, a side note is that this is a hawker centre not a restaurant, what more do you expect?
If you thought that the NEA suspension of Ah Tai would have affected their business, then you are wrong. There was a long queue of more than 10 people queuing to order their chicken rice. One of the other reason for the queue could be because Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice was closed on that day. 
Chicken Rice $3 + Gizzard $0.50
Bean Sprouts $2
Order my usual stuff, Chicken Rice $3 with Gizzard $0.50. In addition, I also ordered a plate of Bean Sprouts that cost $2. The Bean Sprouts served with sliced chillies, shallots and spring onions were drizzled with a combination of light soy sauce mixed with sesame oil.  The Bean Sprouts were  so crunchy and tasty that they were highly addictive. A good match for the Chicken Rice. 
Chicken Rice $3 + Gizzard $0.50
The standard of Ah Tai's Chicken Rice seemed to have improved compared to the version I had on my first visit.

During the previous visit, although the rice was fragrant and flavourful, it was hard and dry. However, during this recent visit, the it was moist and soft. Couple with fact that it had just the right mix of fragrance and flavour, it was easy to indulge the rice on its own.

This time, the meat (chicken) was cut properly and was as tasty and tender as before.

Overall, I would say that the Chicken Rice at Ah Tai has improved! It was delish and certainly tasted much better than before!  

Ah-Tai Hainanese Chicken Rice 阿仔海南鸡饭 (Maxwell Food Centre)
1 Kadayayanallur Street
#01-07 Maxwell Food Centre
Tel: 8137 6559 
Opening Hours: Wed to Mon 11am to 730pm
                         Closed on Tue
Facebook

View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

1 comment:

  1. Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
    Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me happy .
    Restaurant rewards

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...