Wednesday 13 March 2013

Kee Hock (Clementi Central Hawker Centre and Market)

Kee Hock located at Clementi Central Hawker Centre and Market sells Zi Char dishes such as Hor Fun and Mui Fan. As I was in a rush, I had to settle for this. There were just around 3 person in front of me. I ordered their Beef Hor Fun. 
As I was queuing, I noticed the staff inside scooping out the pre-cooked hor fun into the plates. It seemed that this is becoming a trend; cooking the gravy then drizzling it over the pre-cooked hor fun. Well, after my encounter at Four Seas (Albert Centre Market & Food Centre), I thought that I should not judge before hand. In addition, I noticed that the of the three person in front of me, two of them ordered the Beef Hor Fun too! 
Beef Hor Fun $4.50
Beef Hor Fun $4.50
Well, this is the Beef Hor Fun. For $4.50, the amount of ingredients pale in comparsion compared to Four Seas (Albert Centre Market & Food Centre). Besides Hor Fun, there were just a few miserable pieces of vegetables, egg whites and beef slices. The positive aspect was that many pieces of beef was given. Taste wise, it was disappointing. There was no work hei and the gravy tasted salty, as if too much soy sauce was added and was not tasty at all. Having wrote all these, I am sure you would know how I felt about this dish. 
.
Kee Hock (Clementi Central Hawker Centre and Market)
Blk 448, Clementi Ave 3
Opening Hours: 11am to 230pm, 4pm to 830pm

View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

15 comments:

  1. you should try teck hin beef hor fun at ghim moh fc. it's really good. you can mix and match prawns/fish/beef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? Thanks. I do go to Buona Vista occasionally. When I next go there I will see if Ghim Moh FC is nearby - to try your recomendation.

      Delete
  2. Everytime I go Clementi, I will just go to the coffeeshop for popiah and rojak hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst service Food Market. Poorly managed. A rude plate collector took away and bin my unfinished plate of curry rice while i turned my back to look at something.Swift and clinical. Never apologised when confronted and went on to perform his fast food disposal routine.Ridiculous!

      Delete
    2. This is not the only hawker centre with this problem. I encountered another similar occasion which happened at Albert Food Centre. The cleaner also cleared someone's bowl of noodles while he was chatting away. Before the person could stop, the cleaner has cleared it into his cart. At least for this case, the cleaner apologised and offered to buy a new one for the person.

      Delete
  3. Doesn't look like there's much ingredients :< So sorry to hear your meal didn't go well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pathetic right. For $4.50 at a hawker centre..

      Delete
  4. Nice to see the gooey and runny sauce inside the noodles but sorry Ms, I can comment on the taste because we don't eat beef.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teck Hin horfun is no more, it's now known as "Hin", as you can see from the signboard. The former owner sold off his stall to 2 young buyers and it's no longer the same taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hin is just as good as Teck Hin after the takeover. To be fair foodiefc, you have not tasted Teck Hin before the owner changed hands, so you must be objective in your review.

      Delete
    2. That's the one mentioned in the first comment right? Your comments caught me off guard for a moment as I was wondering what sign board 'as you can see from the signboard'.

      I have not been there before and well.. I definitely can't compare the before and after of Teck Hin and Hin as I have not tried both before.

      Delete
  6. Having tasted Teck Hin before the takeover, I can conclude that Kee Hock's beef hor fun is better. The beef at Kee Hock are not tenderized by soda so it still retains the beef flavour. Only gripe is the gravy is more saltier than Teck Hin. Hin is a disappointment, to be fair I went 3 times and found it lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, taste is subjective. Some say Teck Hin is good. Now some say that Kee Hock is better. =)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wishewd
    to mention that I've truly loved surfing around your weblog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing for your rss feed and I'm hoping you write again
    soon!

    Here is my web page: Le M�Ridien Chiang Mai Resort Thailand Tripadvisor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...