Thursday 18 April 2019

Seletar Sheng Mian & Mian Fen Guo (Toa Payoh Lorong 8)

Sheng Mian $5
Seletar Sheng Mian & Mian Fen Guo, a hawker stall, has been highly raved about by many foodies. Many have raved about its sheng mian, chilli and soup.

Interestingly, Seletar Sheng Mian & Mian Fen Guo is located at Kebun Baru Food Centre and Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Food Centre. I was told that it has a third outlet at Aljunied. However, I am unable to verify this over the internet.

I had tried visiting the stall before at Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Food Centre, but had no luck then as the stall was closed although it was a Friday. This time, I was glad that I got to try it at long last. I visited on a Friday during lunch time. Despite the queue at the stall, the turnover was fast as there were 2 persons in the stall cooking the noodles, 1 person preparing the ingredients and 1 person taking orders and collecting the payment.
Sheng Mian $5

I ordered the $5 dry version Sheng Mian with chilli. It came with 4 pieces of prawns and slices of pork meat. Personally, I felt that the chilli, which played a critical role in any dry noodle dish, was disappointing. It was spicy but not fragrance. As a whole, the noodles with the chilli was average. Taste wise, it was not out of the world. But the soup was delicious. It was so tasty, robust and sweet that I finished every single drop and did not feel thirsty at all (no MSG).
Sheng Mian $5

Maybe I should try its soup version instead in the next opportunity. Do note that the hawker stall will be undergoing renovation for 3 months from 22 April 2019.

Seletar Sheng Mian & Mian Fen Guo (Toa Payoh Lorong 8)
#01-05 Toa Payoh Lorong 8 Food Centre
Blk 210 Toa Payoh Lorong 8
Singapore 310210
Opening Hours: Fri to Tue 6am to 2pm
                           Closed on Wed and Thu



View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...