Friday 18 April 2014

Hong Kong Style Chee Cheong Fun 港式猪肠粉 (Upper Serangoon Road)


Hong Kong Style Chee Cheong Fun 港式猪肠粉 is located at Mee Sek Food Court along Upper Serangoon Road (5 minutes from Kovan MRT station). This stall is located in the same place as the famous Punggol Nasi Lemak. I was actually having dinner eating my Fried Hokkien Mee from Yi Ji Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodles 福建炒虾面 when I noticed this stall. 
What caught my eye was that each piece of Chee Chong Fun was freshly made upon order, the traditional way (using a cloth)! Not factory made! In addition, other than having having Char Siew or Prawns fillings, they had unique fillings such as Mushrooms or Chicken. Apparently, the stall has been operating for more than 30 years. 
Mushroom Chee Cheong Fun $2.50
Hence, after gorging 1 plate of Fried Hokkien Mee, I ordered a plate of Mushroom Chee Cheong Fun $2.50. 
Mushroom Chee Cheong Fun $2.50
The Chee Cheong Fun with mushroom fillings.
Mushroom Chee Cheong Fun $2.50
Soy sauce and sesame seeds were added over the Chee Cheong Fun. From the taste of it, I believe that a little sesame oil was added with the soy sauce resulting the extra flavour in the sauce. The rice rolls were thin and the slices of mushroom were fragrant. The chilli at the side was terrible. Dry, not fragrant and a little spicy, it was not my 'cup of tea'. Overall, it was quite a decent plate of Chee Cheong Fun, but its not the best. 

Hong Kong Style Chee Cheong Fun 港式猪肠粉 (Upper Serangoon Road) 
965 Upper Serangoon Road 
Mee Sek Food Court 
Singapore 534721 
Opening Hours: Wed to Mon 1pm - 1130pm (Closed on Alternate Tue)


View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! very interesting with mushrooms inside. Don't think I've tasted anything like it before. But the chili?? What a let down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.
    Does operating a well-established website like yours require a large amount of work?

    I am brand new to running a blog but I do write in my diary daily.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and views online.
    Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners.

    Thankyou!

    Stop by my page - SniperSpy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Hong Kong styled CCF especially those with mushrooms and char siew.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...