Saturday 17 September 2011

Tip Top Curry Puff (2nd post)

My 2nd post! The first post can be found here. Tip top is my favourite curry puff. In fact, I rate it still as the best curry puff in Singapore. Used to eat Old Chang Kee’s curry puffs long ago. But in the past 2 years, Old Chang Kee’s curry puff lost its appeal to me. Seems to taste as though it was factory made, not made individually. Oh yes, did I mention that they were praised by PM Lee before and after that charged for under-declaring profit before. You can read more about this here.



The coffee shop has undergone a renovation. And tiptop has changed its outlook too. The sign board looks weird, maybe because I am too use to the old one. The whole place looks so white and bright. I prefer their old humble outlook.

The price of Tip Top Curry Puff has increased to $1.30 that is the same price as Old Chang Kee’s curry puff. But well, let see if its still as nice.

Tip Top Curry Puff $1.30
It seems that the curry puff has shrink sightly. When cost increase, the size and portion should remain the same and not smaller..  But well, the taste of it is still as delicious. Will not go into the details as I have already wrote about it in my first post. Still as good, still the best curry puff in Singapore. But please, if you increase the price, do not decrease the size.

Tip Top Curry Puff
Hiap Hua kopitiam(Right behind Jubilee)
Blk 722 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 #01-2843
Opening Hours: Daily 9.30am to 9.30pm
Website

Tip Top The Puff Factory (Plaza Singapura) 
68 Orchard Road
#B2-02 Plaza Singapura
Opening Hours: Daily 10am to 10 pm


View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

4 comments:

  1. Seriouly something has gone wrong !!! The Queues are gone ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? It has been quite some time since I past by the area (AMK Central)

    Hope it's not price increase or quality issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quality of the puffs is now highly inconsistent. Pains me so much because it is my favourite curry puff and I miss the taste so much that I will still buy it almost weekly, just to reminisce a taste that no longer exists.

    It's still not bad (usually... but somedays the fillings are quite watery and downright appalling)... but it's nowhere near what it used to be. I've eaten it for more than 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been sometime since I went back. The last was 4 months ago (http://foodiefc.blogspot.sg/2013/02/tip-top-curry-puff-ang-mo-kio-revisit.html).

      If the filling is watery, then even OCK would be better

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...