Saturday 17 September 2011

51 Soya Bean (Golden Mile Food Centre) (2nd post)

*Edited on 16th Jan 2012: Chilled Beancurd Recipe*

The beancurd craze has spread out of Old Airport Road Food Centre. Recently, Lao Ban Soya Beancurd has opened a branch at Maxwell Food Centre. While 51 Soya Bean has also opened a branch, at Golden Mile Food Centre or Beach Road Army Market.

I was at Golden Mile Food Centre eating recently when I chanced upon 51 Soya Bean. I am guessing that the stall was recently opened as there was no crowd. Was there at 1215pm on a weekday. I sat near the stall while waiting for my chicken rice.


51 Soya Bean's Price
Cold Soya Bean Drink $1.00
Since there was no queue, we ordered the Cold Soya Bean Drink. It is quite small, not enough to quench my thirst. But it was certainty very refreshing!
After finishing my meal, there was a short queue at the stall which was cleared within minutes.
Original Cold Beancurd $1.50
The Cold Beancurd is soft, silky, smooth with jelly-like appearance. Somehow, in terms of taste it was not even on par with its (51 Soya Bean) main branch. Certainty no melt in your mouth sensation. I guess my expectation was too high. An average beancurd, do try it if you have never try such a new kind of beancurd before.



51 Soya Bean – Main Branch51 Old Airport Road
#01-72 Old Airport Road Food Centre
Tel: 90907009
Opening Hours: Daily 10am – 10pm


51 Soya Bean (Golden Mile Food Centre)
505 Beach Road
#B1-04 Golden Mile Food Centre 
Tel: 9388 1098 
Opening Hours: Daily 10am – 8.30pm


View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...