Saturday 17 September 2011

Hainanese Curry Rice (Maxwell FC)

Another trip to Maxwell Food Centre during a weekday lunch. There are lots of curry rice or Hainanese curry rice stalls in this food centre. The prices tend to be slightly higher than other Chap Chye Peng (wide variety of dishes with rice) stalls in other hawker centres or coffee shops. Why? I have no idea. Maybe because they are targeting the office crowd and in the area for cheap food its either Maxwell FC or Amoy Street FC.
Hainanese Curry Rice
Tried 2 stalls of curry rice so far. This stall called Hainanese Curry Rice or ‘China Street Hainainese Curry Rice stall’ (#01-68) deserves some time online. A queue of about 7 people in front of me. But not to worry, the workers are quite efficient. Within 7minutes, its your turn to order.





I always order the same dishes when I visit the Chap Chye Peng stalls at Bugis. Now coming here, I changed my style and ordered fried pork chop (which to me is a signature item for curry rice!), chicken wing and bitter gourd (my favorite). And of course curry!
Don’t mind the presentation of the food, appearance can be deceiving! Despite the food being cold, it was irresistible! The meal totally wow me over, something so simple yet satisfying. The fried pork  chop was tasty (well marinated), crispy and thin. I was really wishing that a bigger portion was given. The chicken wing was not over cook, tasted firm and fresh! The bitter gourd (might be baised) was cooked to perfection, the way i like it. It was not hard! It was soft and sliced thinly. It was not salty and also not very bitter. Moreover, it did not taste raw. The curry was another wow factor. You really got  to give this stall a try. My next visit to Maxwell FC, I am going to eat this again to satisfy my craving! After that, I will try out other gems in the FC. =) Oh, I forgot how much this meal cost, but it was certainty worth it!
Hainanese Curry Rice (Maxwell FC) or China Street Hainainese Curry Rice
Maxwell Road #01-68 

Maxwell Food Centre
Opening Hours: Sat - Thurs 1130am - 730pm
                                  Closed on Fri & PH



View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...