Sunday 1 September 2013

Lao San Kway Chap 老三棵汁·猪什汤 (Ang Mo Kio)

Lao San Kway Chap 老三棵汁·猪什汤  is a Kway Chap stall located at a coffeeshop at Blk 232 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3. In case you are wondering why the address seems to be familiar, it is because this is the same block as where Melben Seafood is located. 
Lao San Kway Chap has been highly raved about by many through word of mouth and on the internet. There was a queue of 7 person on a Sunday morning.
Unfortunately, the large intestines were already sold out. So fast! Considering that I visited at 915 am.
I ordered a bowl of Kway and also a plate of braised pig intestines (small), pig skin, fish cakes and tau pok (fried tofu).
Kway - flat, broad rice sheets
The bowl of Kway was just average. The flat and broad rice sheets were soft, smooth and of the right thickness. However, I felt that the broth was not flavourful enough and was diulted.

I ordered a plate of braised pig intestines (small), pig skin, fish cakes and tau pok (fried tofu). The sweet and savoury braising sauce was excellent. The burst of sauce from the tau pok which absorbed the braising sauce made it so addictive. The braised pig intestines (small), one of my favourite item was disappointing. It was washed clean but tasted rubbery.

I do not understand why Lao San Kway Chap 老三棵汁·猪什汤  has been so highly raved about. My personal thoughts are that it was just an average kway chap stall.

Lao San Kway Chap 老三棵汁·猪什汤 (Ang Mo Kio)
#01-1222 Blk 232 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 
Singapore 560232
Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday from 6am to 3pm (or till sold out)
                          Closed on Monday



View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

13 comments:

  1. I love the gadgets (as I say in my own term) or the inner parts, cooked in the dark sauce. Its really tempting. Because my other half does not eat pork, I only try when I am out with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where do you recommend for good kway chap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yong Li at Hagi Road. Not sure if they are still there as last visit was nearly 4 years ago.

      Delete
    2. http://ieatishootipost.sg/2008/07/yong-li-treat-your-hawker-nice-day.html

      Yong li has closed long ago...

      Delete
    3. oh really!! So long never go back le =(
      Then I do not have any recommendations for kway chap for now. Any suggestions?

      Delete
  3. Looks like I can give this a miss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u should try the big intestines and pork belly, even the closed yong li was famous for big intestines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The big intestines was sold out when I got there. I am not a huge fan of pork belly hence did not order that

      Delete
  5. I'm a fan of kway chap too, but chilli has to be good. Hubby loves the intestines but not me. Too bad it's not up to your expectation, else I would give it a try since it's at AMK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tried it twice this month. i like it leh. it's gentler flavours suit my meek taste buds ;-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, different people different taste. =)
      taste is subjective

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...