Monday 16 September 2013

Sin Ming Roti Prata (Sin Ming)


Sin Ming Roti Prata is a stall tucked away in a corner of a coffee shop along Sin Ming road. This stall is located across the road from LTA office. Although it is not prominently located, it has garnered quite a following. Many have raved that Sin Ming Roti Prata is the best prata stall. In addition, I know of some who would drive down specially just to satisfy their prata cravings. Hence, upon hearing all these, I just had to check this out.
Sin Ming Roti Prata does not only sell pratas. They also sell Nasi Briyani, Nasi Goreng, Mee Goreng, Mutton and even Curry Fish Head. Nevertheless, their prata seems to be more popular. 
Plain Prata $0.90, Egg Prata $1.50
I ordered a Plain Prata $0.90 and an Egg Prata $1.50. I had to wait for around 15 minutes as there was several customers ahead of me. The pratas are made freshly and cooked on the spot upon order which is something that I appreciate. Nothing beats freshly made and freshly cooked prata!
Plain Prata $0.90, Egg Prata $1.50
How was the prata? The exterior of the Plain Prata was slightly crispy while the interior was soft and chewy. I was disappointed at the lack of crispiness and also felt that it was too chewy. The shiokness of the crispiness and soft combination was lacking. As for the Egg Prata it was similar, lacking in the crisp factor. The fish curry was good, but not fantastic.

I like my prata crispy, so well this is not for me. For me, I would still prefer having my prata from the Prata Place. Somehow, I did not feel satisfied with the prata from Sin Ming Roti Prata. If you prefer a less crispy (soft) and chewy prata, then this is for you! Its a matter of personal preference. 

Which type of prata do you prefer? Crispy or soft? 

Sin Ming Roti Prata (Sin Ming)
#01-51, Jin Fa Kopitiam,
Blk 24 Sin Ming Road 
Singapore 570024
Tel: 64533893
Opening Hours: 6am - 7pm daily


View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I too like crispy and thin prata. Over here, its the same issue. Most shops make the thick dough prata which is not rolled out thinly. I don't know why but thin prata is rare to come by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try the Prata Place. Some of the prata (depending on your order) is paper thin!

      Delete
  2. casuarina curry is probably better for u if u like your prata crispy. :) i like mine with a crisp finish and chewy insides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip!! Its next to Ban Leong Wah Hoe (which I still remember, you recommended the yummy butter crab!)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...