Tuesday 3 March 2015

Epok Epok Central (Eunos)

Nasi Lemak $3.50
It has been ages since I last visited Epok Epok Central. I used to visit Epok Epok Central in 2009 when I was working at Paya Lebar. Epok Epok Central is located at Eunos Crescent Market & Food Centre which is just next to Eunos MRT station. Back then, I still remember its Potato, Sardine and Egg Epok Epok (i.e. curry puff) was priced at a dollar for 3 pieces. 
During a recent visit, besides selling Epok Epok, Epok Epok Central was also selling Nasi Lemak. There was a long queue for the Nasi Lemak and their Epok Epok was sold out.
Nasi Lemak $3.50
I decided to try the Nasi Lemak. Although the queue was short, the service was very slow... I waited for more than 20 minutes despite the short queue. I ordered ikan (fish), ikan bilis, telur (egg) and chicken wings. This plate of Nasi Lemak cost $3.50! That's quite pricey!
Nasi Lemak $3.50
The best part of the Nasi Lemak was the rice which was so fragrant with coconut milk taste. While the rest of the ingredients were average, the most disappointing ingredient was the chicken wings. The marination was on the salty end with no hint of any other flavour.

They seems to be concentrating on selling Nasi Lemak as the Epok Epok was sold out. Instead of preparing more Epok Epok, the stove with oil was being used to fry chicken wings instead. Judging from the prices, the profit margin for Nasi Lemak and specifically the Chicken Wings was higher than the Epok Epok (which would also require more preparation).

I have heard on forums about the owners being arrogant and closing whenever they felt like it. Well, I am not sure about the arrogant part. But what is true would be the part on them closing whenever they felt like it. I went back to the stall three hours later at 5pm to try my luck on getting the Epok Epok and saw that the stall was closed.  

Epok Epok Central (Eunos)
#01-09 Eunos Crescent Market & Food Centre
Blk 4A Eunos Crescent  
Singapore 402004
Opening Hours: Tue to Sun 9am -10pm 
                          Closed on Monday


View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

3 comments:

  1. I like such dishes esp the epok epok. Disappointing to know about their attitude. Well, seem like they are happy with how the business is run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typical singaporean you expect all that for less than 3.50? WOW....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be the first to admit this. I am a super duper typical Singaporean!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...