Tuesday 24 March 2015

Ah Balling Peanut Soup 花生汤圆 (Golden Mile Food Centre)

4 Glutinous Rice Balls for $1.70
If you are a fan of glutinous rice balls and peanut soup, you would probably have heard of Ah Balling Peanut Soup 花生汤圆
Whenever I visit Golden Mile Food Centre, I would drop by Ah Balling Peanut Soup for dessert. After all, this was the place where I was first introduced to this stall. Recently, I heard that there are Ah Balling Peanut Soup outlets in Chinatown, Bedok 85, Nex and Ghim Moh. Not sure how true, but it is (would be) great if there are other outlets elsewhere too!

This stall sells glutinous rice balls (tang yuan) with different savoury fillings (i.e. peanut, sesame, red bean, yam and green tea). They rice balls are served in either peanut or ginger soup. My personal favourite soup is the peanut soup! It is tasty and not overly sweet. The peanuts are cooked for so long till they are soft and all the flavour in it have been extracted! 
Peanut
Sesame
As for the rice ball, my favourite are the peanut and sesame versions. Each of rice balls are of similar size and are chewy. Be careful as the fillings would ooze out. The peanut and sesame fillings would provide a crunchy bite giving it a good contrast to the soft rice balls. Yummy!
Red bean
Yam
As for the yam and red bean, the fillings are soft and there is no contrast in texture. I do not fancy these two flavours.

I have been here so many times for this dessert that I already lost count of the number of times I have been here. Hard to get sick of such dessert. Try this, don't give this a miss! 

Ah Balling Peanut Soup 花生汤圆 (Golden Mile Food Centre)
#01-75 Golden Mile Food Centre
505 Beach Road
Singapore 199583
Tel: +65 9760 5710


View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...