Tuesday 6 August 2013

China Street Hainanese Curry Rice (Maxwell Food Centre) 2nd Post

I am always in a dilemma whenever I am in Tanjong Pagar. There are so choices when it comes to food. This time, I decided to visit the newly renovated Maxwell Food Centre. Even then, there are so many types of food to to eat such as Ah Tai Chicken Rice, Tian Tian Chicken Rice, Zhen Zhen Porridge, Xing Xing Tapioca Kueh, Hum Jin Pang, or Tanglin Crispy Curry Puff. 

During a weekday lunch, I decided to have Hainanese Curry Rice. Although there are several stalls selling curry rice, I  prefer the one from China Street Hainanese Curry Rice. I have posted on this stall before and you can read about it here
Taken from previous post
I joined the queue which was more than 10 person long. The good thing is that the turnover here is fast as the food are all cooked already. There are the usual choices you get to see in a curry rice stall such as bitter gourd, curry chicken, fried pork chop, cabbage, squid and eggs. I already knew what to order before hand. As you many have noticed, I ordered exactly the same items as what I ordered in the previous post which was 1.5 years back. I really should change and try their other items! 
Bittergourd, curry chicken wings and fried pork chop (which is a must for any curry rice), along with curry drizzled all over the items and rice. This time, the bittergourd was cooked was still hard, a little more time on the wok would have been ideal. The chicken wing was nicely cooked. The meat in it was soft, firm and tender. The pork chop fared the best. Well marinated meat with thin, crisp fragrant batter, it was fried perfectly. It was delicious! Worth the queue and braving the heat in the food centre. Although the food centre has been renovated, it was still quite warm. 

If you like Hainainese curry rice, I would also recommend the curry rice at Bugis called Eleven Finger (Eu Kee) Scissors Curry Rice

China Street Hainanese Curry Rice (Maxwell Food Centre)
Maxwell Road #01-68 
Maxwell Food Centre
Opening Hours: Sat - Thurs 1130am - 730pm
                         Closed on Fri & PH


View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

8 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! I just love the combo of everything on the plate. Though one or two weren't that great but the curry is really tempting. Over here, we get the same from our mix rice Chinese stalls. In fact a whole more ranges of dishes until I can't decide which one to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always in the look-out for Hainanese Pork Chop. Sadly, not many places sell that these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fully agree with you. its hard to find places which sells great hainanese pork chop rice! Any recommendations?

      Delete
    2. I go to Han's for my Hainanese Pork Chop fix. Not fantastic, but ok lah :)

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean! Have eaten that whenever I am at Hans. Their pork/chicken chop.

      Delete
  3. love this kind of chye beng...a big mess of deliciousness. yums.

    btw, best pork chop is at thien kee, or at 116 bukit merah view. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...