Thursday 27 September 2012

Da Po Hainanese Chicken Rice & Curry Chicken Noodle (Golden Mile Food Centre) 2nd Post

After my first trip to Da Po Hainanese Chicken Rice & Curry Chicken Noodle 大坡海南鸡饭-咖哩鸡面, I like the Curry Chicken Noodles so much that I made several trips back just for it. You can read more about their Curry Chicken Noodles here. Since I have done an introduction of this stall in the earlier post, I shall skip the introduction.

During this recent visit, I decided to try their Hainanese Chicken Rice

The lady (auntie) was quite chatty (in a good way). Still a very down to earth and humble lady who try to make small talk to customers in the queue and also thank them for patronising. She certainly did not have to do this considering how busy she was. Kudos to her for her cheerfulness and spreading the joy to everyone through her service and the food.
The price list of the items sold here.

This time there was a queue of about 5 person. Not too bad. As I sat at a table within sight of the stall, I noticed a constant queue throughout lunch time. (Good for them)
Hainanese Chicken Rice $4.50
As usual, greedy me decided to ordered their most expensive ($4.50) Hainanese Chicken Rice. It came with rice, chicken on a separate plate and a bowl of soup.
Hainanese Chicken Rice $4.50
The rice was soft, warm and fluffy. However, it was a tad too bland and lacked the flavour and fragrant that is required of a good plate of chicken rice. 
Hainanese Chicken Rice $4.50
The chicken was de-boned and served on a plate drizzled with soy sauce (and most probably sesame oil) and slices of fresh tomato. They gave a generous amount of chicken. There was a layer jelly under the skin (this normally occurs when the chicken is dunked into ice water after cooking to chill it to ensure that the chicken will not be overcooked and firm up the skin and fresh. A process called shocking)The chicken was so soft, tender, juicy and flavourful. Simply irresistible. A winner on its own. 
Hainanese Chicken Rice $4.50
Beansprouts was added into the soup. Perfect for me as I like beansprouts and it was still crunchy (not overcooked). 

Although I was not impressed with the rice, the chicken was simply too good. I can go back everyday just for the chicken. If you are here for the first time, I strongly recommend you to try the Curry Chicken Noodles and if you have more space for more food, try their Chicken Rice too. What a waste I am not working nearby, I need my Curry Chicken Noodles fix!

*Golden Mile Food Centre is closed for 2 months for renovation from 22 Sept 2012.

Da Po Hainanese Chicken Rice & Curry Chicken Noodle 大坡海南鸡饭-咖哩鸡面 (Golden Mile Food Centre)
505 Beach Road
#B1-53 Golden Mile Food Centre
Tel: 9848 9949
Opening Hours: Daily 1030am to 930pm
                           Closed on alternate Monday

View FoodieFC's Singapore Food Map in a larger map

8 comments:

  1. I can get greedy too when eating out. My other half will be signalling asking me to control myself. I actually prefer the steamed version rather than the roasted, the texture is somehow more tender and juicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, for me its the other way round. I always order too much.

      Delete
  2. If u want really good rice, like the good-enough-to-eat-on-its-own-without-the-chicken type, go across the road to Thien Kee. My brothers have actually polished off 2 bowls each of the rice, even before the rest of the food arrives. They really have the most flavoursome rice ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. I heard its at golden mile tower. Have heard about this, but never try it before.

      Delete
    2. Rice is fantastic, but chicken so-so only. Try the pork chop also...it's Hainanese style and one of the best ard. Of course, don't miss out on their steamboat.

      Delete
    3. Hi

      thanks, will try it one day! =)

      Delete
  3. You seem to enjoy going to Golden Mile for food. Must be filled with good food. Do you live near there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I certainly do. In fact I enjoy the food at lots of hawker centres despite the heat.

      I live in the north. Sadly, there is really not much good food in the north.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...